| Miscellaneous websites
- Mississippi Sandhill Crane NWR - The Mississippi Sandhill Crane National Wildlife Refuge is part of the Gulf Coast Refuge Complex, which includes Grand Bay NWR and Bon Secour NWR.
The refuge was established in 1975 under authority of the Endangered Species Act to protect the critically endangered Mississippi sandhill cranes and their unique, and itself endangered, wet pine savanna habitat.
MS Sandhill Crane NWR on Facebook.
- NASA - Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive
- Ask the Astronomer - Operated since 1995 by NASA Astronomer Dr. Sten Odenwald. Do you have a question about astronomy and space science? You've come to the right place.
- All About Birds at livescience.com
- Animal Sound and Video Catalog at Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Macaulay Library
- ARKive - Images of Life on Earth
- Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation (WRR) rescues, rehabilitates, and releases orphaned, injured, and displaced wildlife and provides sanctuary with dignity for non-releasable animals, both native and non-native.
- Join the Great Backyard Bird Count Next count, February 15th through the 18th, 2013. Participants in the free event will join tens of thousands of volunteers counting birds in their own backyards, local parks or wildlife refuges.
- Illustrated Encyclopedia of Endangered Animals An online illustrated encyclopedia of endangered animals that strives to inform and educate children about the danger of extinction of animal species due to environmental destruction.
- Vet Tech - Guide to vet tech schools
- Bird Videos by Bruce Steger - Bruce has been seriously interested in birds for over forty years, and has been photographing, filming, and videoing birds for almost as long. In addition to his backyard in the north woods (his favorite place) he has birded in Europe, Australia, Central America and the Caribbean, and most of the USA.
- 350.org A global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis and push for policies that will put the world on track to get to 350 ppm.
- Explore.org - Audubon Live Cams - Pandas, ospreys, puffins, tropical reefs, and more.
- TED Talks - Ideas worth spreading.....Great talks to stir your curiosity.
- CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is the biggest particle physics laboratory in the world. - Large Hadron Collider (LHC)
CERN on Twitter
| Bald eagle related websites
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (June 28, 2007) - The Interior Department took the American bald eagle off the endangered species list.
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park - Bald eagles
- American Bald Eagle Foundation - Interpretive wildlife display and education center located in Haines, Alaska
- National Geographic Magazine - Sights & Sounds from Bald Eagles Come Back From The Brink
- Conservation Science Institute - Bald Eagles in Alaska
- Homer, Alaska's - Jean Keene "The Eagle Lady"
- Eagle Cam - Washington Dept. of Fish & Wildlife
- Live Eagle Cam - Blackwater Refuge in Cambridge, Maryland
- Live Streaming Wildlife Cams - Hancock Wildlife Foundation in BC, Canada (Hornby Island, Victoria/Sidney, and Delta OWL nests)
- Eagles 4 Kids Nest Cam - Third and fourth grade students at a western Wisconsin school, working together to share a nest cam and information.
- Humboldt Bay Eagle Cam - Humboldt Wildlife Care Center
- Alcoa Eagle Cam - A pair of bald eagles joined the Alcoa Davenport community in Iowa in 2009. They built their 7-foot nest on our 400-acre facility in a tree near the Mississippi River.
- Four separate eagle cams - Channel Islands Bald Eagle Cams provided by the Institute for Wildlife Studies. Return Flight: Restoring the Bald Eagle to the Channel Islands video
- The Oklahoma Raptor Center has worked since 1990 to raise, rehabilitate and release orphaned and injured wildlife.
- Raptor Center at the University of Minnesota - Established in 1974, The Raptor Center specializes in the medical care, rehabilitation, and conservation of eagles, hawks, owls, and falcons.
- Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites - Reed Bingham State Park in the southern portion of the state has a number of eagles that have chosen to live on the park.
- The Forest Service NatureWatch Program - Eagle Cam
- The Adirondack Wildlife Refuge and Rehabilitation Center - Wilmington, New York, on 60 acres along the West Branch of the Ausable River, about a mile downstream from Whiteface Mountain.
|Inspiring bald eagle books for all ages
|Elf the Eagle, written by Ron Smith and Illustrated by Ruth Campbell is a delightful children's book about a baby eagle who worries about many things, including the distance from his nest, high up in a tree, to the ground, way, way down below.
Elf is an inspiring story, told with gentle humor. It will delight children, who will relate to Elf's fears and will realize, as he does, that they too will grow into their wings and fly, when the time is right.
|The Unstoppable Eagles, written by Terri Lhuillier and Joanne Brady with the beautiful illustrations done by Sarah Brady. We wrote a book about a pair of bald eagles who reside in the middle of our City. The eagles' nest was too close to a construction zone so the California Dept of Transportation put a large cone on top of their nest to get them to move away. The relentless eagles sat by their nest with the cone on top of it for 32 days before the cone was finally taken down! At one point, they even tried to build a new nest one tree over and Caltrans sent up a tree climber to take down those sticks, too! But, the eagles won the battle and went on to raise 2 chicks that year, and have brought 10 more eagles into the world since that date! It's a great story with a happy ending for everyone!
| Wisconsin wildlife refuges
- Crex Meadows Wildlife Area - Located in Burnett County, just north of the Village of Grantsburg.
- Patuxent Wildlife Research Center - Whooping Crane News
- Necedah National Wildlife Refuge - Located 4 miles west of Necedah, WI, on Hwy 21.
- Horicon National Wildlife Refuge - Located in southeastern Wisconsin. It covers Dodge County and Fond du Lac County.
- Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge - Located five miles northwest of Trempealeau, WI.
- Fox River National Wildlife Refuge, managed by staff at Horicon National Wildlife Refuge, encompasses 1,004 acres of wetland and upland habitat along the Fox River in Marquette County, Wisconsin.
- Green Bay National Wildlife Refuge - Hog Island, at 2 acres, is the lone component of the Green Bay National Wildlife Refuge. The island is located in Lake Michigan, east of Washington Island, in Door County, Wisconsin.
- Gravel Island National Wildlife Refuge - Approximately 1 mile east of the northern tip of the Door County peninsula, Wisconsin.
- Beaver Creek Reserve - Connecting with people and nature. Beaver Creek Reserve is a special place where you can share, explore, experience and learn about the rich natural diversity of Wisconsin's Chippewa Valley.